Countertops come in a variety of materials – from solid surface to natural stone – and, depending on your application, certain materials may or may not be a good fit. Our experience working with a wide range of clients across a variety of industries has provided us the knowledge and expertise to help you make the right decision for your project.
The great American chef Mario Batali once said, “The kitchen really is the castle itself. This is where we spend our happiest moments and where we find the joy of being a family.” A home’s kitchen is a reflection of a family itself, and there can be no more impactful decision on the look and feel of a kitchen than the countertops. Consider custom countertops to ensure your kitchen is a match for your family’s lifestyle.
Countertops command the eye’s attention and dictate the overall environment kitchen. Choosing the countertop style for your kitchen is a very personal, and permanent decision.
Variation in the natural stone color, pattern, size, shape and shade are inherent and unique characteristics to be expected. This does not affect the product performance. Your countertop will not be replaced due to these variations.
Natural stone products may contain some or all of the following characteristics:
- Areas that have been filled with color-matched epoxy that may compromise the integrity and strength of the materials.
- Variations in veining, color and movement.
- Small visible “fissure” lines on the surface which rarely affect the structural integrity.
- Natural mineral deposits, or “beauty marks,” that can be seen as intensified spots or lines of color, lack of color and areas with compromised polishing ability.
- Pitting “pock” marks of varying size on the surface.
All natural stone products can be damaged by excessive force, pressure or prolonged heating.
All seams will be plainly visible and where there are seams the product pattern, color and other characteristics may change.
All Meridian Solid Surface® products are made from a non-porous, homogeneous blend of resin and natural mineral fillers. There are no surface coatings to disrupt or damage, because Meridian Solid Surface® is composed of the same polymer blend from front to back and from top to bottom. The unique characteristics of Meridian Solid Surface® result in a product that is completely non-porous and resistant to most household chemicals, so stains and liquids don’t soak in. The non-porous nature of Meridian Solid Surface® also provides an all-important health benefit; it will not promote the growth of bacteria, mold, or mildew.
Features and Benefits
- Available in a variety of colors and patterns to coordinate with your decor
- Inconspicuous seams
- Stain-resistant and easy to maintain
- Highly durable – stronger than stone
- Resistant to heat, mold, chemicals, pollutants and bacteria
- Environmentally friendly – renewable and repairable
- Backed by a 10-Year Warranty
- Superior value solid surface vanity top
- Integral, oversized center bowl with no overflow
- Easy to clean surface, does not promote mold or mildew
- Choose from a variety of solid colors and granite-patterned colors
- Bowl color same as top
- 1-1/4” edge thickness with eased edges on front and both sides
- 3-1/2” coved backsplash
- Each top is matte fi nished
- Available detached right or left endsplash
Quartz Surfacing Characteristics
Quartz slabs are created in a factory using 93-95% natural crushed quartz and 5-7% natural resins, pigments, and binders. While quartz surfacing is typically used for countertops, it can be used in a wide variety of both vertical and horizontal applications. Regardless of where it is used, quartz surfacing provides the look and feel of natural granite without the ongoing maintenance required for natural stone.
Exceeded in toughness and durability only by diamond, sapphire, and topaz, natural quartz won’t scratch and is virtually indestructible. Quartz countertops resist stains from cooking and cleaning products and stand strong against scratches and cracks. Quartz surfacing is so resilient it is considered by some to be even more durable and longer lasting than natural granite!
The colors and patterns of quartz surfacing are typically uniform throughout the slabs and, to a lesser extent, from slab to slab. Depending on the ingredients used when manufacturing the quartz slabs, the material might have a glassy or metallic flecked appearance if produced using coarsely ground quartz, while a smoother appearance will emerge when the quartz is finely ground. Slab sizes vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and sometimes from color to color. Since quartz slabs are manufactured using all natural materials, samples are only representative and may not exactly match the final product.
Quartz surfacing is a seamed product. Even though we can help you to minimize their quantity and appearance, all seams in quartz surfacing will be plainly visible. Some patterns and colors make seams more visible than others, so be sure to ask us about the colors and patterns to best camouflage them for your project. Something else to consider is that quartz surfacing can lose color if exposed to sunlight for an extended amount of time, so quartz surfacing should always be installed indoors.